Investing in the stock market can be a great way to grow your wealth over time. However, the process of buying stocks can seem daunting to many beginners. Fortunately, trading platforms have made it easier than ever to invest in the stock market from the comfort of your own home.
In this article, we will look at how to deposit money and buy stock on the trading platform. Whether you are a complete beginner or an experienced investor looking to switch to a new trading platform, it will provide you with the information you need to get started.
But before that, do you have a shares trading account? If you have yet to have an account, you are invited to open an account with one of the brokers available in Malaysia.
Click this link to open an account with CGS-CIMB: https://www.cgs-cimb.com.my/en/Account-opening-Tr.jsp
Don’t forget to key in PR1M495 in the Remisier Reference section. A designated Dealer’s Representative will attend and assist you with your account opening.
Now, let’s assume that your account has been created. Next of course you would like to know how to deposit money and buy stock on the trading platform.
Steps To Deposit Money
After successfully logging into your account:
1. Select ‘Settlement’ and click ‘eDeposit(New)’.
2. Next, select your account and click ‘Online Cash Deposit’.
3. Select which bank you would like to transfer your money from, key in the amount and click ‘Confirm’.
4. Key in your Trading Pin and click ‘Submit’.
The money will be updated in your trust account on the following day. Please contact your Dealer/Remisier if you wish to buy stocks as soon as possible. Let’s move on to the next step on how to deposit money and buy stock on the trading platform.
Steps to Buy Stock in CGS-CIMB iTrade Platform
1. Key in the stock code or stock symbol to search for the stock.
2. Right-click on the stock name and click ‘Buy’.
3. Ensure the stock that you intend to buy is correct. Next, follow the steps below:
- Insert quantity (in lot)
- Insert price
- Choose validity
- Insert trading pin
- Click buy
4. Under ‘Order Book’, select ‘Order Status’ to check on the order made.
5. If your order status shows ‘filled’, it means the order that you placed has been matched. The shares purchased will be showed in ‘Equities Portfolio’ under ‘Portfolio’.
Investing in the stock market can be a rewarding experience, but it requires knowledge, patience, and discipline. Through this article, we hope to have provided you with a comprehensive guide on how to deposit money and buy stock on the trading platform. Different trading platforms may have different layouts and user experiences.
An interactive trading platform may give a better user experience to the users.
Remember to always do your research, diversify your portfolio, and stay informed about market trends and news. By following these principles, you can make informed decisions and build a successful investment strategy.
With the right approach, investing in the stock market can help you achieve your financial goals and secure your future. But it all starts with the first step, which is how to deposit money and buy stock on the trading platform.